Woman Killed in Highway 152 Car Crash at Highway 152 at Volta Road in Los Banos
Merced, California (August 17, 2021) – A woman was killed in a car crash on Highway 152 near Los Banos in Merced County on Saturday morning.
At about 7:10 a.m. on August 14, the California Highway Patrol received reports of a two-vehicle collision on Highway 152 at Volta Road.
The officers established that 41-year-old Oscar Robles, of San Jose, was driving a Ford F-350 towing a trailer southbound on Volta Road and was crossing the intersection when it was struck by an eastbound 2013 Hyundai Elantra.
The CHP said a 55-year-old female passenger in the Hyundai was seriously injured in the accident and was flown to Memorial Hospital in Modesto where she died while undergoing treatment.
Oscar Robles and Felipe Martinez Injured in Fatal Merced Car Crash at Highway 152 and Volta Road
The Hyundai driver, 55-year-old Felipe Martinez, of San Jose, was seriously injured in the crash and was flown to Doctors Hospital in Modesto by helicopter.
Robles sustained minor injuries in the crash but declined treatment.
The officers ruled out impairment as a factor in the collision.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact a wrongful death lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502