Woman Killed in Fiery Car Accident on Little Morongo Road in Desert Hot Springs
Desert Hot Springs, California (September 22, 2021) – One person was killed in a fiery head-on collision in Desert Hot Springs on Tuesday night.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the accident happened on Little Morongo Road between Dillon Road and Two Bunch Palms at about 10:51 p.m. September 21.
A 20-year-old Desert Hot Springs woman was driving a 1999 Lexus GS 300 northbound on Little Morongo Road when she unsafely merged into the southbound lane to pass another vehicle and collided head-on with a Toyota Corolla.
Woman Killed in Fiery Head-On Collision on Little Morongo Road
One vehicle caught fire after the collision.
The unidentified woman was killed in the accident.
The man driving the Toyota sustained major injuries in the accident and was transported to an area hospital for treatment.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact a wrongful death lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502