Gilberto Gomez and Oscar Barrios Killed in Car Accident at Highway 111 and Fred Waring Drive in Palm Desert
Palm Desert, California (September 13, 2021) – The Riverside County coroner’s office has released the names of two people who were killed in a car accident in Palm Desert on Sunday morning.
At about 4:33 a.m. on September 12, the California Highway Patrol received reports of a collision on Highway 111 at Fred Waring Drive.
Two vehicles are reported to have collided on the roadway for unknown reasons.
52-year-old Gilberto Gomez, of Indio, and 17-year-old Oscar Juarez Barrios, of Mecca, were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
A third person was seriously injured in the accident and was transported to the hospital for treatment.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact a wrongful death lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502