5 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Collision at Blacktop Road and Elkhorn Boulevard in Rio Linda
Sacramento, California (August 16, 2021) – Five people were hospitalized after being injured in a multi-vehicle collision in Rio Linda, Sacramento County, on Sunday afternoon.
The crash was reported at about 2:40 p.m. August 15, at the intersection of Blacktop Road and Elkhorn Boulevard, the California Highway Patrol reported.
Multiple vehicles were involved in the crash. The events leading up to the collision, however, were not immediately established.
5 Hospitalized after Sacramento Car Accident at Blacktop Road and Elkhorn Boulevard
One person had to be extricated by the fire personnel who responded to the incident.
Five people were transported to UC Davis for treatment. One patient was listed in critical condition.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The CHP is investigating the cause of the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact an experienced car accident lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502