2 Injured in Chico Car Crash at Cohasset Road and Azalea Avenue, Maximilian Freels Arrested
Chico, California (August 18, 2021) – Two people were injured in a suspected DUI car crash that occurred at an intersection in Chico on Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened at about 2:47 p.m. August 17, near the intersection of Cohasset Road and Azalea Avenue.
The California Highway Patrol said a Dodge Charger driven by Maximilian Freels, 23, of Chico, was traveling northbound at a high rate of speed when it collided with a Mazda 3 that was making a southbound turn onto Cohasset Road from Azalea Avenue.
The driver of the Mazda 3 was seriously injured in the accident and was transported to an area hospital for treatment. The driver’s 17-year-old son was treated at the scene and released.
2 Injured in Car Accident at Chico Intersection, Driver Arrested for DUI
Freels sustained minor injuries in the crash and was treated. The officers said he exhibited signs of intoxication and was arrested for DUI.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The CHP is investigating the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact an experienced car accident lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502