1 Killed and 2 Injured in Head-On Collision on 5 Freeway on the Klamath River Bridge
Yreka, California (September 14, 2021) – One person was killed in a wrong-way car crash that left two other people seriously injured in Siskiyou County on Monday.
The deadly collision happened at about 12:30 p.m. September 13, on northbound Interstate 5 Freeway on the Klamath River Bridge, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The officers established that a dark grey 2012 Maserati four-door sedan was traveling southbound on I-5 in the northbound lanes when it collided head-on with a 2016 Ford F-250 pickup truck.
1 Killed in Wrong-Way Car Accident on 5 Freeway in Siskiyou County
The driver of the Maserati died at the scene of the accident.
Two people inside the pickup truck were seriously injured in the crash and were transported from the scene by Mount Shasta Ambulance.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
Yreka CHP is investigating the accident.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you have lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact a wrongful death lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502