1 Killed, 1 Seriously Injured in Collision on Highway 4 near Hillcrest in Antioch
Antioch, California (September 11, 2021) – One person was killed and another was seriously injured in a Friday afternoon car crash in Antioch.
The California Highway Patrol said the accident was reported at around 1:38 p.m. September 10, on Highway 4 near Hillcrest.
The collision happened on the westbound side of the highway, but the circumstances surrounding the accident were not immediately determined.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another party sustained severe injuries in the crash and was transported to an area hospital for treatment, the CHP said.
More details about the crash were not provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident and would like to seek justice, contact an experienced car accident lawyer today at Click to call : 866-803-6502